1. The visibility of seasonal change in New York via trees. Green in the summer, reds and yellows in the fall, bare in the winter, and barely there buds in the spring.
2. A seat in a theater with no one on either side of you. One chair for your bag, the other for butter-soaked napkins.
3. Two cups of coffee on weekend brunches. First cup with milk and raw sugar and second cup black.
4. A front and center crease on slacks. Sharp.
5. A cluttered shower with products: bath gels, beads, body scrubs, loofas, exfoliators, masks, leave in treatments, neck pillow.
6. Musky candles in the winter.
7. Havana cigars.
9. Girl skateboarders. Rare but there are a few girls gliding the handrails in Union Square. What badasses.
10. Fog outside and steam in the bathroom.
11. Six Feet Under marathon. I would love to sit for dinner with Peter Krause, Michael C. Hall, Frances Conroy then get high with Laura Ambrose and Rachel Griffiths.
12. Wooden chessboards. (I don't know how to play chess)
13. Braids and buns. Pretty and proper. It's a shame that girls don't 'do' their hair after a certain age.
14. Bagged drycleaning hanging from your closet door.
15. Watch fobs.
16. Wrist gloves.
17. Classic Wranglers... but I'd never wear them.
18. All-American breakfast: eggs, bacon and toast. Rye.
19. Buds and suds. That's smoking a joint while soaking in the tub. Finishing touch, an amber candle.
20. Purple. Childhood favorite.
21. Amore lotion. A Korean brand lotion, it's the smell of my mom right before going to bed.
22. Hat racks. Vintage fedoras.
23. La Perla camis worn as a top.
24. Grilled Colby Jack Cheese and tomato. On Rye.
25. Emack and Bolio's off of Houston then taking it to Washington Square Park.
26. West Village afternoon, $2 slice from Joe's and a $7 scoop from Cones.
27. Goose down anything. Comforters, pillows, jackets, vests, sleeping bags.
28. Loose tea in a glass Bodum pot.
29. Halloween. Every year I go as the same character just different covers. Roller Girl got a lollipop. Roller Girl turns 12. Roller Girl kicks ass. This year, Roller Girl goes takes it back to the Derby.
30. Audio slide show of Fashion Week covered by New York Times Style reporter, Cathy Horyn. Her voice is both soothing and commanding. She attends all four fashion weeks: New York, Milan and two in Paris. She has my life.
31. Gold heart locket necklace. Classic.
32. Craigslist's: rants and raves, misssed connections, apartment listings (during August).
33. Netflix. An entire season of Entourage in one night.
34. Upper Manhattan to see the leaves, lower Manhattan to see the water.
35. Butternut squash soup, apple cider, macaroni with four cheeses, crumb pies.
36. Crispy fries, half-popped kernels, folds in my chips.
37. Smell of my hair when I take it down from a bun. If I washed it that day.
38. Faceburn from his stubbles from a night of kissing.
39. Bed picnics. A tray topped with stone crackers, cured proscuitto, brie, olives, melon, ginger ale. Remote nearby.
40. The 'Matrix Approval' in New York magazine, high brow/dispicable and low brow/brilliant quadrants are the best.
41. The point from the reservoir in Central Park where you can see all of Fifth Ave, Central Park West and the A&E Biography Building.
42. Airmail envelopes, officially called envelope #10, white envelopes trimmed with red and blue.
43. Cucumber water, clay mask, tweezer, Tracy Chapman, lavendar eye mask, toe separators.
44. High heels, red lipstick, prescribed kickers, Prince.
45. Holiday baskets: fruits, chocolates, breadsticks, cheese log.
46. Oils: rose, egyptian, ylang ylang, tea tree.
47. Proenza Schouler, Guy Laroche, Carolina Herrera, Lanvin, Yamamoto, Rochas.
48. Thanksgiving: family, friends, food, football, fight, funny, feet up, fall asleep...food.
49. Summer night, sitting on a stoop in Brooklyn, ice cream from a truck. Rooftop parties, Manhattan skyline.
50. Forehead kisses.
51. His hand on my thigh in the theater, while driving, as we're looking at a menu.
52. Big hands.
53. Astor subway station, reading the covers of papers, IPod, peanut M&M's.
53. So I Married an Axe Murderer, Sweetest Thing, Suicide Kings, Office Space.
54. Sitting next to him, plane rides, train rides, cab rides (on him).
55. My pajama drawer. Flannels, soft tees, boy shorts, college sweatshirts.
56. Berkeley Marina. LOTS of memories there. This could easily go on the 'least favorite list' too.
57. San Francisco Union Square: art expos, expresso wagon, cool air, sun. Gay Pride Parade, alley cafes, Vesuvios.
58. Sitting Indian-style under a tree in Washington Square Park, watching the crowd watch Tic and Tac.
58. Hollywood, Sunset, Pink's, Nacional, Star Shoes, Farmers Market at the Grove.
59. The flight to San Francisco. The flight to New York.
60. Sleeping at the desk. Blogging at work.
61. Holiday windows, limited time holiday lattes at Fourbucks, gift receipts. Waking up to a good song on the clock radio, a Whitney morning is a good morning. Crowd exits from the Met, Lincoln Center and West 27th St. Mom's perfectly peeled apple coil. Good eyebrow day. Barber shops. Soul food. Trying on cocktail dresses (never been to a cocktail party), slipping into display shoes (they always display a size 6), sitting on the stoop in a dressing room, adding things up. Making lists. Adding onto this list.