Wednesday, March 29, 2006

four friends, some lovers, playing 69

...last holiday break.

1. What time did you get up this morning?
C: When furry did. 8:04am.
J: 7:45am. Snooze. 8am. Snooze. 8:15am. Snooze. 8:30am.
A: 7:30 from a hotel wake up call
S: 8:04am.

2. Diamonds or pearls?
C: Pearl beaded necklace with a big diamond pendant dangling from it.
J: Diamonds on the fingers and ears. "Pearl necklaces" are kinda nice. Ew. TMI?
A: Pearl anal beads – shoot that’s probably TMI as well
S: Pearls for women. Bling for men.

3. What was the last film you saw at the theater?
C: MatchPoint.
J: The Family Stone
A: The Family Stone – same as Janet - imagine that
S: The Family Stone. Same as.. never mind. Who the hell goes to see a movie alone when you should be in pottery class?!

4. What is your favorite TV show?
C: Six Feet Under. No, Entourage. No, Six Feet Under. No..
J: Prison Break
A: 24 / West Wing / Entourage
S: Charlie Rose Show

5. What did you have for breakfast?
C: A hollowed out bagel with scallion cream cheese and a skim latte.
J: A cappucino and some kind of semi-healthy looking muffin that Aslan bought
A: Protein shake
S: John McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal with real maple syrup on top and a piping hot cup of Alto Grande coffee with a dash of Soymilk. The oatmeal takes a half an hour to make.

6. What is your middle name?
C: Me Young.
J: I don't have one. Although Janet isn't my "legal" name. Korean name is Joo Yeun.
A: David – named after the hurricane that hit Miami when I was born
S: Ernest.

7. What is your favorite food?
C: Eggs. Poached, coddled, scrambled, over medium, german-boiled. All yum.
J: That would be like asking me to pick my favorite child.
A: Anything from a garden
S: Candy (Big C). And hummus. And Cheese. Not at the same time.

8. What foods do you dislike?
C: Filler foods. Like raisins and peanuts. Their abundance is a turn-off. But I like Spanish Peanuts and dried craisins.
J: I would love ALL of my children.
A: Anything from a cow
S: Raw oysters. (I feel like I'm contradicting myself here.) Mushrooms.

9. Your favorite Potato chip?
C: Kettle chips.
J: Those Hawaiian ones. They're sorta kettle-cooked.
A: Only chips I eat are corn chips with Salsa
S: Lays.

10. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
C: Suedehead, Morrissey.
J: Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits.
A: Bob Dylan huh…funny, she never seems to play it when I am around. I always seem to gravitate back to anything coldplay
S: Supergrass.

11. What kind of car do you drive?
C: A yellow car but I sit in the back.
J: Black Camry LE.
A: Similar car to Candy – but with a more pungent odor
S: I used to pick chicks up in a champagne colored Chrysler LeBaron. Now all I got is the loser cruiser and a subway card.


12. What is the last thing you did before going to bed last night?
C: Gossiped on the phone w/ J. Asked her what to do with a jar of pickle chips (per Stevie). Brought The Alchemist (per Azzie) and chamomile tea to bed then watched Forest Gump on TBS.
J: Private! I'm in a long distance relationship 'MEMBER?!
A: Helped Janet count all the new cash that she is getting
S: Sent a work email. Played Soduko in bed while petting my cat

13. Three celebrity freebies. (It's not cheating if they're famous).
C: Damn J, we got some jungle fever up in here. I like me them funny white boys. John Stewart (smart cutie), Danny Masterson(curly cutie), David Letterman (macho cutie). All bootylicious. Jimmy Fallon will always have my heart though.
J: Hm....Chris Cornell, Johnny Depp in his pirate garbs....or as Willy Wonka! (omg, he was so good in that)...throw in a Brandon Boyd and I'm good to go. (love you Aslan.)
A: Halle Berry, Hulle Burre, Hilly Barre
S: Halle, Chloe, Beyonce

14 Favorite drink?
C: Not a big drinker but for a beer: anything light, for a wine: Shiraz, and for liquor: vodka.
J: I'm partial to anything Ketel based.
A: Water
S: Birch Beer.

15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be?
C: Morocco.
J: I hear Croatia is the new Costa Rica. Right now, I'll take anywhere my passport is needed.
A: Southeast Asia
S: Iceland if I want it meaningful. The island of Ibiza if I don't.

16.What color is your bathroom?
C: The color that it was when I moved in, off white.
J: Ecru.
A: I have no idea. I usually have my eyes closed in order to focus on my task at hand
S: Red and white checkered tiles. My landlord's boyfriend, Kenny, was the carpenter and he was a drunk.

17. Favorite brand of clothing?
C: These days I'm into ironic designs, i.e. Imitation of Christ, Buddist Punk, DSquared, LAMB. It's like Marc Jacobs goes to a funeral or Little Red Riding Whore.
J: Oooooh, I'm not as edgy as Candy when it comes to clothes! I like whatever is affordable - pretty much an Urban Outfitters type of girl...
A: Whatever my girlfriend tells me to wear.
S: Dolce & Gabbana. Paul Smith. Yves Saint Laurent. They're all good Makers and they're all unaffordable.

18.Where would you retire?
C: Hopefully by then a waterfront in Brooklyn will become beach-like and I can live out the rest of my years between two great loves: NYC and the ocean.
J: I don't even know where I'm going to want to be a year from now...come on.
A: Somewhere near the ocean
S: Retire?

19 Favorite time of day?
C: Right after work, right before dinner. That hour or so when you don't know if you'll be ordering in or meeting friends.
J:When my pizza/chinese/thai delivery arrives.
A: When I get Janet on the phone (haha – sorry for the lame answer)
S: After I get off the phone with Candy. Sorry.. said that wrong.. after I get ON the phone with Candy.

21. Favorite sport to watch?
C: Project Runway. It's competitive.
J: Ultimate Fighter.
A: Basketball
S: On TV, Basketball. Live, Baseball, no, basketball. It's those damn cheerleaders.

22. Who do you least expect to send this back?
C: My brother.
J: Between the other two on this email chain?
A: I guess Fu is the only one left
S: What-EVER.

23. Person you expect to send it back first?
C: Me.
J: Dunno about first- last is probably Funaro.
A: Candy is the only logical answer
S: What-Ev

24. What laundry detergent do you use?
C: I have no idea what Lee's Cleaners uses on my clothes.
J: Whatever the cheapest was for Von's club card members.
A: Whatever Janet or Rich has in their closet right now
S: Earthpledge.

25. Coke or Pepsi?
C: Coke. Diet.
J: Either. But has to be Diet.
A: Neither – but if I had to choose - Coke
S: Pepsi growing up. Coke growing old.

26. Are you a morning person or night owl?
C: A night that howls into the morning.
J: A little bit of both - not that excitable any time of the day.
A: Weekday – I am a morning person / Weekend – Night owl
S: Night owl.

27. What size shoe do you wear?
C: 6. For the right designer, 5.5 or 6.5.
J: 8 1/2 but I think my feet are shrinking. And my right foot is definitely bigger than the left.
A: 11 ½ and my left is slightly bigger than my right
S: 13. And I have big hands. What-EVER.

28. Do you have pets?
C: Yep, his name is furry.
J: Hell no.
A: My only pet ever was a goldfish that I won at the fair
S: Two cats. Big Boy and Little Guy.

29. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with your friends?
C: Actually, just today I won 500 bucks from an essay contest I entered. And, I don't feel like saving it so you people should ask me out. My treat.
J: Nothing here. But Congrats to Candy!
A: I have gone almost 2 full months without paying rent!
S: I don't like to share.

30. What (who) did you want to be when you were little?
C: Ramona Quinby.
J: Ramona the Pest? I think I wanted to be Indiana Jones.
A: A yuppie
S: Frank Lloyd Wright. The Architect.

31. Favorite Candy Bar?
C: M&M's. The peanut ones but they're coated so it's not that ordinary.
J: I don't like candy. (Small c not big C.)
A: Any sour candy
S: Snickers.

33. What are the different jobs you have had in your life?
C: Baby-sitter, dry-clean bagger (that's where you bag the the clothes) Spanish tutor, smoothie blender (Jamba Juice- made it to asst. manager), retail, retail, retail, waitress, bartender, media something, teacher.
J: Swap Meat girl with Dad, selling eel-skin hangbags and luggage. Wells Fargo Bank Teller. Lancome Beauty Consultant. Banana Republic sales hag. Entertainment PR intern. Legal Assistant. Marketing Manager/Office biatch.
A: Domino’s Delivery boy (hat and car sign right on the white station wagon), Abercrombie retail biatch, food runner, food server, bar back, tea maker, investment banker intern, management consultant
S: Gas station attendant (self-service). Mowing lawns. Movie theater concession stand, projectionist, and manager. (I had my own red vest) A Carpenter. Moving Luggage in a warehouse for Camp kids. Factory job running a machine that stuffs envelopes full of junk mail. Graphic Designer/Art Director.

34. Favorite season?
C: Fall.
J: Summer!
A: Summer!
S: Fall.

35. Nicknames you've had?
C: My name is a nickname. Ironically, close friends call me Candice.
J: Jolly Green Janet. Shamu. Single White Janet. Pancake Face. Big Girl... Shall I continue?
A: Asi, Chicken Legs, Ass-lan, Ass-face, Ass-pirin, Giraffe, Bean Pole
S: Funaro. Funro. Fun. Fu. 4 O'clock. (And as of last week... Tree, Furry, Sex Tiger)

36. Piercings:
C: Two: one in each ear. Nose piercing and cartilage came out after college.
J: Ears, nose and navel. I got most of them AFTER college.
A: none
S: None. My body is a temple. I did pierce a man once. It was awesome.

37. Eye color:
C: Brown.
J: Omniscient, seething pools of ebony - don't get lost in them...
A: Hazel
S: Hazel Green. Candy can't seem to decide.

38. Ever been to Africa?
C: I wish.
J: I wish MORE than you.
A: No, but I would love to sleep with a black chick
S: Yes. Mmm.

39. Ever been toilet papering?
C: Yes. A lot.
J: No. What a mess - I don't hate anyone THAT much.
A: Yes - once
S: Yes. But that quickly turned into 'golfing' houses.

40. Love someone so much it made you cry?
C: How about, ever love someone so much you didn't cry? Yes.
J: I think so...
A: Yes
S: Was that love?

41. Been in a car accident?
C: Yes. Four, including rear-ending my senior honors English teacher.
J: Yes. Plus 3 DUI arrests - my dad two, me one.
A: Once – not my fault
S: Once while I was driving. Once while I was sleeping in the back seat.

42. What's a question no one has ever asked you?
C: Why do I blog?
J: "Why are you so shy?"
A: How do you get your legs to look to big
S: Why don't you like to suck cock?

43. Favorite day of the week?
C: Thursday. It's like that favorite time of the day, the whole day. Don't know what's to come for the next few days.
J: I guess Fridays.
A: Saturday
S: Wednesday. Pottery class day.

44. Favorite restaurant?
C: I lived in SF and now NY, too hard to answer.
J: Chains. Applebee's, CPK, Tony Roma's. All about it.
A: Ditto candy’s answer
Balthazar. Why not. They make me feel like a movie star.

45. Favorite flower?
C: Mexican lilies. They're sharp not soft.
J: Allergies.
A: Whatever funaro is growing in the garden
S: African Lilies.

46. Favorite ice cream?
C: Coffee and chocolate or mint and chocolate.
J: Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Chip or Dreamery's Tiramisu - both are really hard to find. And I'm lactose intolerant.
A: Haagen Daaz – Cookie’s and Cream or Macadamia Nut Brittle Chocolate.
S: I'm with Aslan on the Daaz.

47. Disney or Warner Brothers?
C: WB all the way.
J: Neither. Pixar...maybe.
A: Disney I guess
S: Disney for the big stuff. WB for the small stuff.

48. Favorite fast food restaurant?
C: Jack in the Box.
J: In and Out & Del Taco.
A: Veggie Burger express
S: Subway.

49. What color is your bedroom carpet?
C: Wood.
J: Shit. I have no idea right now...
A: I don’t have a bedroom
S: Wood.

50. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
C: Zero but I got a 70 on the driving portion (exactly what you need to pass in CA).
J: I got a 92 on the first try. Granted I was almost 20.
A: Appleman fail a test? Ha!
S: I passed. My brother failed. God I felt so bad for him. He didn't see the stop sign behind the tree.

51. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail?
C: Karen.
J: Lee Sargeant. A freelance developer from the UK who does work for us. He's 17.
A: The Accenture tax group telling me they were going to do my taxes for me because I worked in 3+ states last year
S: Kimberley Sanderson-Hutfilz

52. Which store would you choose to max out your Credit Card?
C: I'll do half at Searle and half at ABC Home.
J: Can we not talk about maxing out credit cards? =(
A: I’m too cheap to max out a credit card – But if I had to…probably Barneys NY
S: I'll do one card at a sporting goods store like EMS or Paragon and one card at the Scores or any other strip club. That is a store right?

53. What do you do most often when you are bored?
C: Good answer: blog, call friends in Cali, reorder the movies on my queue. Honest answer: roll a doobie, watch VH1, Nick at Nite, History channel, tweeze.
J: Pick fights with people.
A: Let Janet pick fights with me
S: Call somebody. I'm not bored very often. No time. I'm too unorganized.

54. Bedtime:
C: I don't have one. I aim to get into bed by midnight and fall asleep by 1.
J: Whenever I start drooling.
A: Before 12 most nights
S: 10:30. But I keep missing it.

56. Last person you went to dinner with?
C: Aslan and Rich.
J: My roommate.
A: Janet
S: Candy.

57. Ford or Chevy?
C: Ford. Mustang. Shelby.
J: I like my boys American. Not my cars.
A: If either…it has to be OLD
S: I want the Ford Shelby! Old AND new.

58. What are you listening to right now?
C: Fugees.
J: Mars Volta and Rilo Kiley.
A: The annoying sound of a NC accent talking non-stop in the cube next to mine
S: Leo Kottke and Mike Gordon - Sixty Six Steps.

59. What is your favorite color?
C: Umm...purple? No, green. No. white. Blue has never been a favorite color though I have a lot of blue in my closet.
J: Totally depends on what we're talking about here.
A: I don’t get your answer Janet – don’t think I have one anymore…
C: Blue.

60. Lake, Ocean or River?
C: Rivers look clean. Lakes look calm. Oceans don't look that clean or calm. Ocean.
J: Hehe - I like hotel pools.
A: Ocean
S: River. I like fresh.

61. How many tattoos do you have?
C: None. I want one on my left ass cheek though. A pair of lips.
J: One.
A: None – mom wouldn’t let me get one
S: None. My body is a temple. I once gave a lip tattoo though.

62. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
C: Defnitely the egg.
J: How would the egg have appeared without the hen to squeeze it out?
A: I don’t know – but I sure am glad there are eggs…especially at Brunch on the weekend
S: Egg. Plucky is right.

63. How many people are you sending this email to?
C: Three.
J: Not sending. Only responding.
A: Tres
S: Three.

64. Favorite Cocktail?
C: A medley of sips from others drinks.
J: Is this different from "Favorite Drink"?
A: Kettle one/tonic
S: Pimms and 7-up. It feels yummy in my tummy.

65. Red or White wine?
C: Red, I guess.
J: White lately.
A: Red
S: Rojo. Definitely Rojo.

66. Where would you go for a girls or boys weekend get-a-way?
C: Rio de Janeiro.
J: Somewhere with a hotel pool. Or Guatemala.
A: Come on people – it is only for a WEEKEND. You wouldn’t even get to Rio by then.
S: I would say Vegas Vermont or New Hampshire or Miami.

67. What do you want to be?
C: A writer: novel, screenplay. But not a journalist, I can't write that fast and frequent.
J: I'll tell you when I know.
A: Happy
S: A Shaman.

68. Republican or Democrat?
C: D Party.
J: I'm not politically active enough to claim either. No political posers please.
A: Democratic fo sho
S: Democrat. I feel like Republicans have all the fun though.

69. Favorite Family Vacation?
C: Umm...okay.
J: Seriously. Gay.
A: The one in Ireland where my sister and mom fought constantly and my cousin and I got into a bar fight. Sure you want to borrow that?
S: Disney World! Just kidding. Bush Gardens! It's in Virginia.