Saturday, April 29, 2006

secret sex

More men have paid for sex than I would have thought.

The stories are similar. "I didn't go out seeking it, it was chance encounter and it was hard to say no." Hard being the operative word. I was traveling through Europe, through Asia, through Canal Street. And bam! There she was. I was asking for directions to St. Petersburg, Bangkok (sorry, couldn't resist), to a foot massage spa. Note- they are not spas in Chinatown, NY, they are ...well, I don't know what they are but they are not spas. It's always described so innocuous. She didn't speak much English. It really started gentle and soft. Note- it always starts gentle and soft and very little language is needed. Men turn on like goosebumps, the slightest blow and everything sticks straight up.

Women don't operate this way. Even if it's a one-off we seek, it's other thrills that excite us. It's not the actual intercourse, it's the attention, the touch, the taboo. A girl has decided early on if she's going to go home with the guy. Some of it has to do with the guy but most of it has been decided before she even met the guy. I just need the weight of a man on me tonight. I need to be felt up. Felt down. And then some.

So, both enjoy a sexual chance encounter however, one has shaved their legs in preparation and the other would rather jump in the sack with an anonymous stranger than ask for directions.

And for the men who haven't solicited sex, they just haven't gotten lost while 'traveling'.