Monday, June 16, 2003

Spam Exam

I received an email with a questionnaire on love, dating and sex. Looked fun.

1) Are you married?
No.

2) Are you in a relationship?
No.

3) Have you had sex?
Yes.

4) Have you had casual sex?
Ummm…yes.

5) When was your last relationship?
Few years ago.

6) Why did you break-up?
“Irreconcilable differences.”

7) Are you still friends?
Sure, why not.

8) Was it a sexual relationship?
In the beginning.

9) Do you believe that there is someone out there for everyone?
More so. Some are lucky to have had more than one.

10) What age do you want to get married?
Shouldn’t you ask if one wants to get married first?

11) How many children do you want?
I think I want to have children.

12) Do you believe in love at first sight?
With a person?

13) Have you ever been in love?
Yeah.

14) Have you ever felt heartbreak?
Didn’t I just answer that?

15) What type of guy are you attracted to?
The type that doesn’t fall into one type.

16) What is your idea of a perfect date?
An evening far from perfection. Easy and comfortable enough to display minor flaws and habits.

17) What is the most romantic thing you have ever done?
Not thing, things. In high-school, I used to walk to school about a mile rather than drive so that I could walk home with my boyfriend. It gave us a chance to walk and talk “awww.”

18) What is the most romantic thing that has been done for you?
Oh, okay I have one. In high-school (man, did romance expire in high-school? Or, is it just me? Don't
answer that, it'll make me sad). So, in high-school *shake head* I was assigned a biology project where
I had to take a full roll of photos of the selected wildlife topic, mine was mountainous flowers. On my
way to develop the photos, I accidentally opened the camera exposing the film. It had taken me weeks to
find two dozen varying flowers. I hiked. That's all I have to say. Sobbing, I tell my boyfriend. The
weekend before it was due I had to attend a leadership conference *eh-hem*geek* When I return I open
my mail and there was a slightly thicker envelope. There were brilliant shots of 24 beautiful flowers.
He was the guy I wallked over a mile to school for.

19) What turns you on?
Smells, colognes misted so lightly that you have to get real close to smell it (I guess that’s the
idea behind colognes). Guys fighting during a ball game. Scars. Tattoos, sometimes. Boxer breifs. Rain
thunder and lightening. Kisses on the nape *chills* Being carried into bed. Being touched on my face.
Silence.

20) What turns you off?
Condom-prepared on a first date (even if). Most accents. Guys who consume more chocolate than I do
(hard to do). Being addressed "sweetie." Twin size beds. Sagging pants. Super clean white shoes. Long
nails. Muted laughter.


The friend who emailed me the survey gleaned it off an online dating service, which I have no problem with. Kudos to those who don’t bitch about how there’s no one out there and rather, are actively searching. I’m just a little old-fashioned and lazy for that. In any case, it was a nice and easy, light fun quiz. You are supposed to remit your answers to the link and supposedly they have a “mate waiting for you!” Instead, I answered them onto my blog. My friend emailed back saying that I “didn’t answer some of them right…that I played the game wrong.” *Nodding* A game of love, dating and sex and I played it wrong. I didn’t need to take a quiz to know that.